by Terry Heick
Reflection prompts are normally for college students so reflection prompts for academics aren’t one thing you see on daily basis.
The large thought is easy sufficient: Reflection results in progress–nicely, correct, well-framed, and intentional reflection can result in progress. Thus these prompts.
Just as metacognitive prompts assist college students mirror on the method of studying, the next prompts might help academics mirror on the complete image of being an educator–many by the lens of hope and gratitude.
5 Ways of Using Reflection Prompts to Discuss Teacher Well-being
1. Group dialogue
2. Personal journaling
3. Social media conversations
4. Formal or casual skilled growth classes
5. Simple ‘thinking prompts’ for the drive to high school or the best way house
Here are 30 reflection prompts for academics to make use of as reflective instruments for progress.
Teaching Through An Attitude Of Gratitude: 30 Prompts For Reflection
1. In your thoughts, what are the very best elements of being a instructor?
2. What is one small delight within the day that you just look ahead to?
3. What are you most happy with to this point in your instructing profession?
4. What a part of instructing is healthier than you thought it might be?
5. How have you ever grown as an individual since changing into a instructor?
6. What was the nicest factor a pupil or colleague has ever performed for you?
7. What are your strengths as a instructor? Which are you most grateful for?
9. What new studying has impressed you in your instructing?
10. Write a couple of memorable second within the classroom. What stood out essentially the most and why?
11 What was your mindset if you grew to become a instructor? What is it now? How has it modified and why?
12. What have you ever discovered to be very important to make instructing each sustainable and pleasant for you?
13. If nothing else, what’s one factor you need your college students to take from their time with you?
14. What does your assist system seem like (each within the faculty constructing and past)?
15. What pure character traits of yours are most helpful for you as an educator?
16. What tech instruments do you discover essentially the most helpful? Why? How have they modified what you do?
17. What is essentially the most highly effective facet of being a linked educator? What are you grateful for?
18. One factor that’s completely different from a yr in the past that I’m grateful for is…
19. In your content material space, what’s most vital that college students know for the following 40 days? 40 months? 40 years?
20. What do you recognize about your colleagues? How do you assist each other?
21. Tell somebody you know the way grateful you’re for the work they do. How did that dialog go?
22. What recommendation would you give would-be academics? First-year academics? To your self as a first-year instructor?
23. What’s the very best a part of instructing? What ‘part’ do you dislike that perhaps isn’t as dangerous as you see it as?
24. What traditions exist in your faculty or local people that you’re most grateful for?
25. What are your goals for schooling sooner or later? What function do you hope to play in that future?
26. What pedagogical follow (or ‘part’ of instructing) would you wish to let go of? That not serves you or may very well be higher performed in different methods?
27. What’s a very powerful ‘thing’ you’ve ever performed as a instructor? What makes it a very powerful factor?
28. If you can bottle up the proper day as a instructor, what would it not seem like?
29. Talk about one factor you used to ‘want’ as a instructor that you just now see as much less vital?
30. Within your instructing, what are you able to automate? Delegate? Priortize? De-prioritize? Rethink? Improve?
Name a book about teaching that you’re grateful to have learn and the way it has impressed you to be higher at what you do.
Talk about one alternative as an schooling skilled that you’re grateful in hindsight for having handed you by.
We all know someone who conjures up us to be higher. Share that particular person and clarify how they encourage you and why you are feeling so strongly about them.
Practice an act of kindness this week and weblog about your expertise.