Six Scottish start-up companies have secured a spot in The Curiosity Shop, a brand new house at Virgin Hotels Edinburgh, devoted to showcasing sustainable Scottish companies.
Created in partnership with Virgin StartUp, Virgin’s not-for-profit incubator for entrepreneurs, The Curiosity Shop options a variety of fantastically crafted Scottish merchandise, all from companies whose founders have been supported by Virgin StartUp to start-up and thrive.
The Curiosity Shop is completely out there to Virgin Hotels’ friends and presents them the chance to find and assist new Scottish manufacturers. All the businesses featured in The Curiosity Shop have thought of sustainability all through their manufacturing and packaging processes. From wild-harvested Hebridean seaweed to Scottish spun yarns and hand-crafted gin; The Curiosity Shop is filled with Scottish treasures able to discover.
Andy Fishburn, Managing Director of Virgin StartUp, explains: “Virgin has always been entrepreneurial at its heart, so it’s great to see Virgin Hotels providing this space to showcase Virgin StartUp companies, particularly those that are making sustainably-driven products right on the doorstep here in Scotland.”
Scott McArdle, General Manager at Virgin Hotels Edinburgh, feedback: “We are proud to have a space of the hotel dedicated to championing small Scottish businesses and we have already received great feedback from hotel guests who are enjoying exploring the shop and discovering new sustainable Scottish products. All Virgin Hotels are unique and draw inspiration from their location, so the Curiosity Shop is one of many things we are doing at Virgin Hotels Edinburgh to tell the story of this spectacular country.”
Rutland Square Gin is among the six companies featured within the Curiosity Shop. Nishant Sharma, the Founder, says: “We launched Rutland Square Gin final yr in November with a imaginative and prescient to make small batch artisan gin that has Scottish spirit with an Indian soul. Each batch is distilled within the coronary heart of Edinburgh, with inspiration from the far east.
The assist we’ve obtained from Virgin StartUp has been sensible from the start and now, to get this chance to share our merchandise with worldwide guests at a landmark new resort within the metropolis is Amazing. We are actually excited to see what curiosity it generates in our merchandise.”
The Curiosity Shop Businesses
1. Doctor Seaweed’s Weed & Wonderful – Founded by a Scottish marine biologist, a variety of seaweed dietary supplements made utilizing natural Hebridean seaweed that’s sustainably wild-harvested from pristine Scottish waters.
2. Genevieve Sweeney – Timeless knitwear, made in Scotland with each conventional artisan and progressive knitting strategies that showcase the pure great thing about Scottish spun yarns.
3. Meander Apparel – Edinburgh-based out of doors clothes model. Around 90% of the gathering is made utilizing pure or recycled, low-impact supplies.
4. Rutland Square Gin – Small batch craft gin, handcrafted by most proficient and skilled grasp blender within the coronary heart of Edinburgh. Rutland Square Gin makes the world’s first oolong white tea infused Chai Spiced Scottish Gin made utilizing sustainably sourced oolong white tea from Assam, India.
5. Seilich – A small, family-run firm primarily based within the Lothians and created by botanist, Dr Sally Gouldstone. Inspired by a ardour for Scottish wildlife, the household promote an award-winning vary of pure skincare merchandise, made utilizing components grown of their wildflower meadow.
6. Sensi – launched in 2022 by 25-year-old Jennifer Norrie. Jennifer found a love of silk when she tried sleeping on silk pillowslips for the primary time and located that her pores and skin was glowier and her hair much less frizzy.