The “insult” of Akhtar on the state-owned TV channel last month had sparked anger among cricket fans. The TV host had told the cricket star to leave the show in the presence of cricket legends like Sir Viv Richards and David Gower.
Amid a call to sack Niaz, an inquiry was conducted after which he was taken off air by the PTV management.
In a statement on a YouTube channel Thursday, the anchor said that the reaction to what he did on air was justified and “I apologised thousands of times over my conduct.”
“Whatever the reason, I had no right to do all this on-air, it was my fault. Shoaib Akhtar is a star and I love his cricket,” Niaz said.
Niaz shared that after the programme, his father said that he did not expect this [behaviour] from him [Niaz] and that it was a mistake.
Accepting his mistake, Niaz admitted he should have handled the situation better as Akhtar was the star on the show and he [Niaz] was only the host.
“It shouldn’t have happened. I’m ready to pay the price and am paying.”
**If you have any Query Related This Post then here is the Source Link**