KARACHI: The COVID-19 positivity rate has remained between 3% and 4% over the past three days. The positivity rate was recorded 3.60% over the past 24 hours within the nation, the National Institute of Health, Islamabad’s (NIH) knowledge confirmed Friday morning.
The nation additionally reported two deaths at this time as in comparison with 4 and 9 on August 4 and three, respectively.
As per the most recent NIH statistics, as many as 750 new COVID-19 infections had been detected after 20,854 exams, taking the nation’s complete coronavirus case depend to 1,557,134.
The NIH knowledge additionally confirmed that at the least 164 COVID-19 sufferers are being handled within the intensive-care items of various hospitals around the nation.
Pakistanis suggested to masks up
With Pakistan logging tons of of COVID-19 circumstances day-after-day, the NIH has suggested strict adherence to straightforward working procedures (SOPs), together with masks carrying and social distancing throughout Muharram gatherings.
Gathering and majalis to recollect the Shuhada-e-Karbala (martyrs of Karbala) have began because the nation observes the brand new Islamic yr — which started on Sunday (July 31).
What are the SOPs for Muharram?
NIH has restricted the aged and youngsters from attending the gatherings and majalis throughout Ashura in a COVID-safe method, as the danger of one other outbreak looms with an uptick of the virus throughout Pakistan.
Following are the rules for holding gatherings and processions
- COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures i.e mask-wearing, social distancing and use of sanitisers/ hand washing ought to be adhered to
- Organising committees ought to make preparations for all SOPs
- Zakirs and individuals ought to be vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19
- Venue for conduct of Majalis ought to be open and spacious with correct
- air flow preparations
- Wearing of masks and upkeep of social distancing is necessary throughout majalis and Processions. Availability of masks and sanitisers/ hand washes
- Controlled participation based on capability of venues and avoidance of overcrowding
- Duration of majalis and processions ought to be curtailed
- Majalis the place SOPs can’t be successfully carried out comparable to
- houses and personal gatherings ought to be discouraged
- Elderly above 65 years, youngsters and co-morbid could also be sensitized to
- attend Majalis at dwelling by means of reside streaming
- Proper preparations for cleansing venues with chlorine earlier than and after the occasions
- Display of COVID-19 SOPs and precautions at outstanding locations
- SOPs compliance by using volunteer scouts
- Arrangements for meals and drinks in spacious and ventilated place.
- Emphasis on use of disposable utensils; choice on pre-packaged containers for distribution of meals.
- Avoiding overcrowding at meals distribution factors/places.
- No handshake and embracing.
Areas of focus
Some of the facets meriting vital actions on the federal and federating items degree, embrace following:
- Messaging by spiritual clerics for uniform implementation of SOPs /pointers proposed by NCOC.
- Strict enforcement of SOPs by civil administration.
“Thankyou www.geo.tv For Providing This News.”